[Sussex] Linux VoIP software

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sat Feb 26 02:38:16 UTC 2005

Mark

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 08:56:39PM +0000, Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:
> >Do you know of any software for Linux which would work at
> >sipgate.co.uk VoIP system.
> >
> >Just got myself a phone number from there.
>
> It's probably not quite what you're looking for, but I'm using Asterisk
> with sipgate.co.uk
>
> I suspect you're after something a bit simpler though?

I assume that you have asterisk interfaced with your phone lines.  If
so:

  1). What type of phone lines do you have?
        Analogue, ISDN, ...

  2). What hardware are you using to connect your phone lines to the
      computer?

  3). What IP phones are you using?  I've heard some say that the cheaper
      phones don't give the quality.