[Sussex] HostAP Drivers and DHCP

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Sat Feb 26 21:14:16 UTC 2005

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> I've now played with all of the files, I've got my card issuing a
> DHCP_DISCOVER and despite the fact that the WRT54G is broadcasting IPs
> on the cabled LAN, I still can't get one on the WLAN.
>
> Any Ideas?

Do you have the correct SSID set? It won't connect otherwise. Ditto for the
chan.

Also have you got the WEP encryption set/disabled the same at both ends?

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

  "My mind free-associates far too much; I'm going to have to start
  charging it."