[Sussex] Myth TV so ... now we can chat ...

nik nik at reducedhackers.com
Sat Feb 26 22:57:01 UTC 2005

ACtually Skip all this ... heres what I did .....

Sky+ Scart-1 with Svideo out to Svideo In on Myth TV  using simple
SVIDEO Lead
Sky+ Svideo Out to Svideo in on TV  using Simple SVIDEO Lead ( this is
acting as a fall back in case if MythTV outage !).

Sky+ Scart-1 Audio Out l/r to Hifi.
Sky+ Audio Out l/r to MythTV.

Sky+ picture settings set to PAL ....

MythTV - PVR 350 Composite VIdeo out ( Yellow Lead ) to Composite Video
In on Scart-1 connector on back of TV.
MythTV - PVR350 Audio l/r out to Audio l/r in on TV. ( note this would
be better returned to the Hifi ! ) ..

XBox to Vivanco 5->1 scart splitter
DVD to Vivanco 5->1 scart splitter
VCR to Vivanco 5->1 scart splitter

 Vivanco 5->1 scart splitter to Scart-2 on Sky + Box

When I get a chance im going to play with all the svideo / composte and
otherwise signals from the Sky + and other boxes.

what I can do for now is record Sky ( and its recordings ) , DVD, Xbox
and VCR to digital..

Now I wonder whats the optimal method for using dd to records two hours
of video ... since i noticed that 5 mins took up 138mb !

Nik