[Sussex] partitions and the like ??

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Mon Jan 3 22:49:43 UTC 2005

John

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:41:44PM +0000, John D. wrote:
> Just a quick one, too say many thanks for "Dr Dobsons" home visiting
> services.

And thanks for the food, saved me cooking that day, which after being
on my feet all day at the BCF I welcomed.  I still say I got the better
end of the deal.

> Though I'm still not sure about his comment that "I wasn't that far
> off".

Most of the commands were more for me to see what state your system was
in.  You had already:

   1).  Split the partition into two,
   2).  Create the new file-system on hda6 and restored the /home
        data,
   3).  Created the FAT32 file-system on the second partition.

All that was left was the:
   1).  New entry for the FAT32 file-system in /etc/fstab
   2).  Mounting it

I'm sure others will agree that you had already done most of the work.