[Sussex] MP3 client web interface

Diego Moore diego.moore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 23:17:13 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm thinking of setting up an mp3 server (old p266Mhz / 128mb) and the
idea is to cable various rooms around the house with phono plugs. So
all I need is an mp3 client with a decent web interface. The actual
mp3's will probably be stored on another server.

I don't own a squeeze box (www.slimdevices.com) however I do like
their web interface to SlimServer and the fact that it has many
plugins to fetch album cover, etc.

Has anyone got any ideas of what I could use? Not sure if SlimServer
will work without a squeezebox, how about other options?

This machine will be running Gentoo with no X (headless).

Thanx
Diego Moore