[Sussex] Broadband migration - what a bloody nuisance!

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jan 10 21:35:07 UTC 2005

Funny old game this broadband migration. That's twice now that my
migration request has been refused.

Perhaps I'm missing something here.

Apparently, the usual reason for requests to be refused is (quote from
the eclipse e-mail)

"the usual reasons are either that
the phone number is an ISDN line or a current ADSL service exists on the
line with an alternative provider"

Well done eclipse, how observant. Perhaps they should have noticed that
the mac code that I've provided has come from Pipex.

Afterall, what in hells name do they think that "mac" stands for?
Personally the definition I use is the same as the one at the
"adslguide" MIGRATIONS AUTHORITY CODE !!!

The difficulty is, is that there seems to be a wall of ignorance.

For instance, I can find various bits of sales pitch at the eclipse
site, but there doesn't seem to be anything about a list of things to
check.

If I try their "checker" it can find that I already have an adsl
service, but that seems to be about where it stops!

I'm quite happy to admit, that I may well have missed something
completely, but as I've already passed "them" the MAC from pipex, surely
it's supposed to be a case of switching off one service and firing up
another!

jregards

John D.