[Sussex] Another place called home

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Thu Jan 20 15:41:58 UTC 2005

Angelo,

We have many, many machines running Ubuntu's stable release (Warty
Warthog) at work, and the laptop I'm typing on (at home) is also running
Ubuntu  (unstable - Hoary Hedgehog).

Basically we evaluated a number of distros (notebly including UserLinux)
  and Ubuntu came out best.  We find it very easy to install and easy
for our non-technical users to use.  Almost as importantly it works very
well without getting in the way of technical users, which is a problem
I've found with almost every supposedly user friendly distro (Red Hat,
Mandrake, SuSE, Novell, Fedora Core, Xandros and Linspire all suffer
from this in varying degrees).

We're so impressed with Ubuntu that it's superceding Debian as the basis
for our product.
--
Geoff Teale
Free Software Foundation <tealeg at member.fsf.org>