[Sussex] A Quality product from Microsoft

John D. johnsemailaccount at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:46:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 09:50 +0000, Geoffrey Teale wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 03:19 +0000, Steve Dobson wrote:
> > Well map24.com (which someone suggested)
>
> T'was I!
>
> > has a route with three ferries
> > that doesn't leave Norway and follows the cost.  But there must be a better
> > way than using ferries, at lease on of which takes nearly three hours to
> > do 13 miles.
>
> Steve... I challenge you.. go to Norway, find a way of doing that
> journey faster by car.
>
> This isn't Surrey we're talking about - you're crossing fjords, the only
> towns around are tiny, there are infrequent but reliable ferry crossings
> or massive round trips by road (many fjords stretch deep into the heart
> of the country) - there are very few bridges (environmental protection
> laws in Norway often forbid constructions that would interfere with the
> natural beauty of these areas), and with several of the fjords running
> to several miles deep there aren't any tunnels (there is one underwater
> suspension bridge I know of).

Geoff,

I've got a quicker and easier challenge for Steve, and that's to find
any location whatsoever, where the M25 intersects the M27 ?????

Fortunately, being a charitable person, I suspect he actually meant the
M26/M20/M's 3,4,40,1 or 11 (or at a scrape even the M23) :-P

Sorry Steve, couldn't resist.

Besides, if I really wanted to know the quickest/easiest route to
Haugesund, I'd just ask my mate Daves' ex-wife. She was born there and
as most of her family are still resident, well .........

Still, I thought that it was a good "snipe" at MS despite the apparent
difficulties of producing an accurate/efficient alogrithm!

TTFN

John D.