[Sussex] How to load Web site faster in Mozilla Firefox (disable IPv6)?

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Wed Jan 26 14:46:11 UTC 2005

On 26 Jan 2005, at 13:44, Angelo Servini wrote:

> This should be of interest to Firefox users.
>
>    1. Applications -> Internet -> Mozilla Firefox
>    2. Mozilla Firefox
>
>       In the Address Bar Enter:   about:config
>
>       Select the Filter:    network.dns.disableIPv6 -> Change the
> Value to true (Double click)

This is normally disabled in Firefox anyway - I'm guessing that certain
distro's enable it by default if they have IPv6 support enabled. I know
that the Mac version certainly has it disabled, as I think does the
windows ver.... right PITA when trying to work out why you can't access
v6 sites :|

Jon - running full IPv6 on his network :)