[Sussex] CVS

paul Morriss paul.morriss at tokenbay.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 23:22:39 UTC 2005

I plan to use on a machine on my network, BUT if I can get the VPN
working correctly it will potentially be exposed to the wider world -
although iptables may sort that.

I think our posts must have crossed.  I will have a look at use of SSD
as thats a good idea.  Just getting cvsd to have a play with.

Paul

Steve Dobson wrote:
> Paul
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:59:44PM +0000, paul Morriss wrote:
>
>>Sorry I think I should REALLY check e-mails before sending them, what I
>>mean't is that there is a lot of reports that pservers has a lot of
>>holes in it and potentially insecure.  I have heard about chrooted CVS
>>environments - how does that compare to what was said regarding Samba?
>

> Where are you planning on running the CVS pserver?  On a system that is
> exposed to the Internet?  I wouldn't run it that way, although many do,
> but for a LAN I've never had a problem with it.  And as I pointed out
> in my e-mail that must have crossed with yours - there is always using
> a SSH tunnel.
>
> Steve

Registered Linux user : 376901