[Sussex] Noob

Mark Barber mark.barber6 at virgin.net
Mon Jan 31 12:43:24 UTC 2005

My experiences are more promising - in a 5 pc home Windoze network I
have a Linux server and my family find that certain programs are just
better than the M$ counterparts such that it is much in demand as a
workstation too. After a boot sector virus attack that has destroyed my
daughters life works she now wants to move to Lx. I am playing with
terminal servers as the first step to see how they would cope with a
migration. One comment I must make at the risk of  being flamed though
is that all this compiling kernel stuff is not the way forward. I use
Mandrake and would say it is almost as easy as a Windows install. I am
sure there are others just as ready - the point is Keep It Simple
(Stupid if you are American)

Mark