[Sussex] router woes

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 13:19:06 UTC 2005

 From: Simon Huggins [mailto:huggie at earth.li]
 Subject: Re: [Sussex] router woes

> Salut LUG!
>
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:58:15PM -0000, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> >  From: Simon Huggins [mailto:huggie at earth.li]
> >  Subject: Re: [Sussex] router woes
> > > I'm using a linux box + a speedtouch frog now.  It means I can
> > > benefit from the native IPv6 we offer which is quite nifty but it
> > > also just gives me more control so if you're a geek and want to
> > > control as much of your connection as possible then I'd recommend
> > > it.
> > This isn't really a possible route to take considering I have a
block
> > of 6 IP's to use.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand this bit.  I can't think of any reason why
> you'd not be able to use a block of 6 IPs if you were to use a linux
> box + speedtouch as your router.
>
> Oh, unless you thought I meant solely IPv6?  No I have IPv4 too ;)
>
> Simon.

I may be missing something here but would it be possible to setup with
this method to forward the IP's to other machines on the network, where
those machines can been seen by the outside world on the IP.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.