[Sussex] i dont get this!!!!!!!!

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Wed Jul 6 07:01:29 UTC 2005

tracie tomkinson wrote:
> hi guys, i came to the worthing bcf on sunday 3rd july and met the
> motley crew running the stall

Hi, I'm another of the crew, who was off duty last Sunday.

> and it works fine but now when i shut my pc down as soon
> as it recieves a signal from the set top box it restarts, even if
> someone only changes channel it springs into life, how can i get round
> this without having to unplug the cable everytime i shut down?

As others have said, the "Wake-on-LAN" feature in your BIOS is probably enabled.

If you live in Worthing (or close by) and need help with changing the BIOS
settings then let me know as I'm probably the nearest LUG member to you.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it is pronounced?