[Sussex] RSS emailer

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 10:25:13 UTC 2005

 From: Ronan Chilvers [mailto:ronan at thelittledot.com]
 Subject: [Sussex] RSS emailer

> Hi folks
>
> Does anyone know of a simple RSS grabber that will bundle up a set of
> RSS feeds and email them to an address at regular intervals?

Personally I see as one of those things that would take some 30 minutes
at the most to whip up combined with a cron job and hey presto you have
it. And I'd probably end up using something like PHP to do it. So if you
really get stuck and cant find anything, and have phpserver on that
machine or any machine for that matter. Give me a shout.

> Alternatively does anyone know of an RSS reader / ticker that will
> display on gnome's desktop?
>
> I use Sylpheed and yes, I know Thunderbird does RSS! I want
> lightweight, speedy, no-frills!!

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.