[Sussex] Knoppix Live CD Networking

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:34:57 UTC 2005

On 11/07/05, Frances Fleming <fay at uthink.co.uk> wrote:
> I want volunteers after all ...
>
> Does anyone have any first hand experience with any kind of
> networking using the Knoppix Live CD, whatever version?
>
> There are bits and pieces to be got out of Google, but I'd like
> to hear from YOU :)

Yeah, plug CD in, boot, it Just Works (tm) with most recent (3.6
upwards) versions of Knoppix.

In earlier versions I remember having to run some funky script
"trivial_net_setup" or something, but now the autodetection seems
pretty good and finds most any net card.

How about telling us what the problem is? Do you have a specific
network card that appears not to work? What have you tried?

Cheers,
Al.