[Sussex] RE: Linux and the Average User

Geoffrey Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Tue Jul 12 11:37:23 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 11:55, Richie Jarvis wrote:
> > Users don't want to have to configure anything. They just "want it too
> > work". Not too spend hours/days/weeks (in my case years), trying to
> > learn how something works, just too get it to "go"!

Actually, as MH and I have discussed off list, users say that, but they have
double standards.  They are used to jumping through all manner of hoops to
get Windows and MS Office to "just work", but the slightest bump in the road
with Linux causes them to run screaming.

--
Geoffrey Teale
Cmed Research  //  Free Software Foundation