[Sussex] RE: Copywrite and the Old Woman ...

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 13:19:58 UTC 2005

Geoffrey Teale wrote:
>On Thursday 14 July 2005 13:24, John D. wrote:
>---- %< ----
>
>>- the only other devices that seem to do that
>>are the Cowon iAUDIO X5 series, which seem to quite hard to get hold of
>>and very expensive (£250 to £300 depending on battery and hard drive
>>size - though the extended battery and 30 gig hard drive model is the
>>£300 one. Versus the £130 that I've paid to comet - it should arrive on
>>saturday).
>>

>The Cowon kit is actually really good (and Cowon support Linux directly).  The
>model you mention is no longer available because it's been superceded by a
>thing with a screen (forget the model number).
Actually Geoff, this
<http://www.mp3players.co.uk/site/uk/iaudio_x5_30gb.html> is the one
that I was refering too - I presume its the one you're thinking of ? -
screen and all that! If it is, it's a rather good piece of kit IMO, if
the Karma doesn't work out I think I'll try to track down the 30 gig X5L
model for battery/playing time, as well as the screen and the FLAC support.

regards

John D.