[Sussex] Email server suggestions

Paul Howard phowardcom at mac.com
Sat Jun 4 11:46:07 UTC 2005

Hi there.

I am getting ready to replace an ageing MS Exchange 5.5 server at work
and the licensing costs for Exchange 2003 are giving me a good reason to
ditch MS and use a Linux Mail server.

We don't use most of the advanced features of the Exchange server anyway
  so it seems like a good deal.

I already run a few small mail servers using the SME server [1] but
although this is a great solution with pop3/imap/webmail etc etc built
in - it doesn't do very well with handling global address lists,
especiialy for contacts outside of the organisation.

Anyone got any suggestions of Linux mail servers I should be looking at?

[1] www.contribs.org

thanks

--
Paul Howard