[Sussex] gentoo on vmware

Dominic Clay Dominic.Clay at cardinus.com
Tue Jun 7 08:15:29 UTC 2005

Nope... I cant even get this far.  When I put the liveCD in and turn on the VM it doesn't get far enough through the boot process to do anything.
The article you mention uses a smp kernel, and there isn't one on my CD but I cant think this would be the cause in my Vmware Workstation 4.

The only thing I noticed during my installation is that just before it stops doing anything (right before loading a keymap) it says 'No volume groups found'...

Could this be of significance?

Dominic

Is this of any help?

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:6f6n3zsaMvAJ:gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_Gentoo_on_VMware_4_in_Windows_NT/2K/XP+gentoo+on+vmware&hl=en&client=firefox-a

--

*/Paul Turner/*
Applications Team Leader

Information in this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is
intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender, and please delete
the message from your system immediately.