[Sussex] Asterisk, VoIP and NAT

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Tue Jun 7 10:25:53 UTC 2005

Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:

>> Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
>>
>> Matthew,
>>
>> I suspect that the dynamic addressing thing is a red herring, and that
>> the problem is port forwarding. Which ports do you have forwarded to
>> your * server? I have the following (all UDP)
>>
>> - 5060
>> - 8000-8012
>> - 5004
>> - 1000
>> - 3478
>> - 10000-10020 (this last set will depend on your * config, but should
>> be OK for a small number of concurrent calls)
>>
>> M.

I had endless problem until programed to router to forwarded 5060.  I
was having a problem where call started but after few minutes (sometimes
seconds) I lost the call.  It worth noting that if you want to use more
then 1 VoIP line then you can use 5061, 5062, 5063 etc. and they have to
routed to where ever it is.