[Sussex] For those using ubuntu

nik butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Wed Jun 8 12:19:10 UTC 2005

>Presumably this is as a result of backports becoming an "official"
>ubuntu project?

Well i think it was more a bandwidth and costs issues ....

Now ive got ubuntu running on my PC.
I have not seen a LiveCD distro comparable to Knoppix though, since
Ubuntu manages to deliver a excellent desktop environment,  where
Knoppix provides a excellent desktop demonstration ... sigh ... I think
though that i will do an ubuntu talk at some point since my experiences
from debian -> debian:Knoppix ->debian:Ubuntu have been very postive.
Certainly the plug and play works really well.