[Sussex] FYI: Windows 2003 PDC users

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Fri Jun 10 13:35:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:12:19 +0100
gteale at cmedresearch.com (Geoffrey J. Teale) wrote:
> I'm sure this is the way MS licensing has always worked.  They didn't
> make all that money by only charging you once.

I thought that you could upgrade a server but that wouldn't invalidate
the CALs of connecting devices.  Although come to think of it, I guess
it would... Swines!

> See how much cheaper a nice Linux box would be!

Yeah, I know.  I'm keeping up the pressure.  Maybe one day!!  Mine is
the only workstation in the building that doesn't get turned off, never
crashes and runs Nagios to keep an eye on everything else.  Even the
OSX workstations regularly throw a fit and have to be rebooted - but
they look great and boy are they fast!!!

Ronan