[Sussex] Wine and SQL Server 2000

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Mon Jun 20 15:34:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 04:21:54PM +0100, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> I've tried running the SQL 200 Server tools under wine, but it just
> won't install. It says that it can't copy a file to my harddrive
> because it doesn't exist, however when I check it out, it is there.

I'm not surprised it doesn't work.  Wine is *very*, that's *very*
developmental at the moment.  It's fine for running low-key apps such as
notepad, but SQL Server?  No chance.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"