[Sussex] 5 years ago today and SCO

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Mon Jun 27 22:08:58 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 12:18 +0100, Steve Dobson wrote:
> Andrew
>
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 11:52:47AM +0100, Andrew Guard wrote:
> > Well 5 years ago SCO was about to release news about there Linux?  lol
> >
> > The really fun part in this story was SCO was working with IBM. ;)
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/06/26/sco_straightens_its_linux_message/
>
> This is oldSCO news, not newSCO news.  SCO was formally called Caldera, and
> changed their name 23 March 2003.

Indeed, and at that time Caldera, aka newSCO, already had a Linux
distribution!! Somewhere I have a copy of Caldera OpenLinux 1.1, which
was part developed (from vague memory) with Lasermoon (based in Fareham)
and was aiming to become a standards compliant Linux (i.e. Posix.1, SPG4
X/Open and probably others). How times change!

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/