[Sussex] Knoppix Fest

Frances Fleming fay at uthink.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 23:30:48 UTC 2005

I got the Knoppix 3.9 live CD with this month's Linux User & Developer.

It loads up with a space scene and gives a space station sounding
message at startup and shutdown, which makes it much more fun than the
previous versions.

Unless of course I missed any previous sound?

It's the very first time I've **heard sound** on any of my machines
(except an old Toshiba laptop). I like this new Dell laptop :) I'm going
to have a lot of fun with it.

I've been trying out some more of the apps on Knoppix to beef up my
repertoire for the BCF.

Knopix is well worth looking into, if only as a portable showcase for
what Linux can do.

What I would like is a hands-on moot dedicated to getting the best out
of Knoppix. It can benefit users of many levels, whether they fix their
own computers or are totally end users. We see a mix at the BCF down at
Worthing.

So this could include file rescue, diagnostics and networking as well as
the office apps, CD burning and internet connectivity and other ideas.

Who would be interested?