[Sussex] Suse 9.3 Pro for free?

Paul Graydon paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 16:51:14 UTC 2005

Hmm.. Interesting.  I went on automatic, and followed the route for
x86_64, as I'm running an AMD64 based system here.
ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/suse/i386/9.3/iso/

Looks like a full set of CD ISOs there for pro version, though as you
say no DVD isos.  I've long since given up on mirror.ac.uk.  Ever since
its been moved to its new hosts (last year?) its service has been
appalling, and seems to take about a month and a half to update, wheras
before it was fast and always up to date.

I've been supporting a Novell based network for 4 1/2 years now, I'm
more than used to seeing Novell websites saying one thing and actually
meaning another :-)  The community always does a better job! In many
regards Novell are a lot like Microsoft when it comes to passing
information to customers.

For your point 2) if you read the novell site it tells you it might be
called boot.iso, which I can see here:
ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/suse/i386/9.3/boot/

But you're right, that plainly labelled install one doesn't seem to
appear on any of the dozen mirrors I've checked.