[Sussex] Help with NFS

David Chapman linux-lists at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 2 12:30:21 UTC 2005

I have a Mandrake box that I use to share mp3's over my network via NFS and
Samba.. It works fine.

I have my machine which is SuSE 9.2 which I want to
share /var/lib/YaST2/you/mnt (this is were downloaded updates are stored) to
the other 2 computers that run SuSE
When I try to add this to the computer my boys use (nitrogen.home.lan) my
computer does not show up as hydrogen.home.lan  but will show as
192.xxx.xxx.xxx
trying to mount this share ends with connection refused by server.

The Mandrake box shows up as mandrake.home.lan
Every box gets a dhcp lease from an IPcop

contents of /etc/exports
/var/lib/YaST2/you/mnt/	192.168.0.*(ro,sync)

Were might I be going wrong ?

Thanks
	Dave