[Sussex] Redbus

Diego Moore diego.moore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:31:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:40:55 -0000 (GMT), Andrew Guard
<andrew at andrewguard.com> wrote:
> My domain is hosted on server at Redbus datacenter.  As such at moment my
> e-mail/web/p2p servers are all down.
>
> I am not the happest persion at moment, I can not talk to a human at moment.
>
> PS Never do business with Redbus.  How could they ever burn out a server
> are they so clueless!  The million doller question why didn't UPS system
> stop the server from being brown out.

We were affected at work as our hosting and various other servers went
offline. I still cannot figure out why it would have taken them so
many hours! (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/02/redbus_incident_report/).

And from what I've found it's happened 3 times since last summer.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/01/rebdus_power_failure/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/09/redbus_power_cut/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/16/redbus_power_fails/

That's what I call incompetence...