[Sussex] Redbus

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Thu Mar 3 20:42:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, March 3, 2005 13:40, Andrew Guard said:
> My domain is hosted on server at Redbus datacenter.  As such at moment my
> e-mail/web/p2p servers are all down.
>
> I am not the happest persion at moment, I can not talk to a human at
> moment.
>
> PS Never do business with Redbus.  How could they ever burn out a server
> are they so clueless!  The million doller question why didn't UPS system
> stop the server from being brown out.

This is something I can't understand with Redbus, they have had so many
power problems. Look at all three Telehouses, each one has never had any
noticable power problems.

Redbus seem to lack redundant power, or enough backup isolators to switch
to diesel when the batteries hit near empty.

I've heard some users are using their own UPSes in Redbus because Redbus
is so bad at providing power!

--
John