[Sussex] Life with Ubuntu

Rupert Swarbrick rupert.swarbrick at lineone.net
Thu Mar 3 22:17:20 UTC 2005

Just to second the praise. I installed it a couple of months ago and it
was a real step up from my previous slackware system.

Disadvantage: (the only one!)
Whatever you do, don't get ubuntu/debian if you're still on dialup.
Waiting for packages to download is a real killer when you want to upgrade.

Yet another advantage:
You can, of course, use debian repositories too, so you can apply
software updates and get wierd and wonderful programs (e.g. transcode)
as well.

Yay!

Rupert