[Sussex] BCF Report - March 2005

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sun Mar 6 21:42:33 UTC 2005

All

This is a report on the BCF event, today.

My thanks to Colin, Karl and Nik for helping.  We were showing
off Karl's MythTV system, and the normal number of laptops running
Debian or Knoppix.  I also brought along a Soekris box running
M0n0wall.

The stand was very busy from opening time to around lunch.  We put
this down to the world and his wife visiting the show on the way to
their mothers for lunch.  I spoke to a number of people who might
be coming along to the next Moot because it will be an install
fest.

On the CD side I think we did well, moving 28 Knoppix CDs, interest
has remained high.  There are far more people interested in trying
Linux than say they are not interested at all.

However the take was only £72 (not the expected £84) I expect
that some visitors to the stand thought they were a free gimme.
But as the profit was still £25.50 after reductions I we didn't
run at a loss.