[Sussex] BCF Report - March 2005

nik nik at reducedhackers.com
Mon Mar 7 20:14:17 UTC 2005

a response and thoughts:

The Knoppix CDs and other Distros.
As steve says the visiting audience of the stand knows not nor
understands or cares enough about the difference to distinguish between
Linux Redhat/Ubunto/Gnome/Slackware etc etc. Using 1 type of CD on the
stand makes the message very easy : Its Linux, Its on a CD, its easy.
Further its important that those providing the CDs are prepared to
backup the delivery and implementation of the CD by being able to
provide support to the environment months after the delivery. So if you
feel that we should do more and provide more then please also realise
that its expected that you will commit time to attend the stand.

Rota:
Im all for the rota but my caveat is that for the time being we  have 4
core members Colin, Karl, Nik, Steve . Since we are now familiar with
the principals of day time operation and  accounting of processes. I
would like it to be that we will  know who is  covering which month  and
that this then enables the other core members to act as bakup cover and
this leaves a position open for whomever wants to start attending.
something like the following.
            core    + attendance + backup
april    nik + ritchie + karl
may     steve + geoff + colin
june     colin + jon d  + steve
july      Karl + ? + nik

So now we need only have a few names for the ? position ( ive exmplified
some names here ) and im sure the code for Moot attendance can be hacked
for BCF attendance.

um thats it for now :

Remember the purpose of the stand is to increase club attendance and
awareness first, promote open source and linux second , finally its
about having fun and meeting people.

nik