[Sussex] Digital IO card

Phil phil at lxnet.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 00:37:40 UTC 2005

I would suggest that whatever you get make sure it is supported by comedi.
http://www.comedi.org/

There are a few other libraries / programs / toolkits that are able to access io control stuff, both
Digital and Analog, that depend on comedi, it would seem to be the leading driver layer for this
kind of stuff.

It also has a driver for the printer port (the only one I have had anything to do with) which might
be usefull for proof of concept kind of stuff.  It's even RT friendly if you need to go that far.

I have only used this in a very limited way with my own toying around at home with the printer port
but remember the opto isolators for the safety of the gear.

Hope this helps.