[Sussex] gcc 4

Geoffrey J Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 18 11:48:54 UTC 2005

"Mike Diack" <mike_diack at hotmail.com> writes:

> Incidentally does anyone else use splint and/or PCLint?
> I can't recommend either product (esp. PCLint) highly enough (sadly it
> is not free software tho - but is ABSOLUTELY brilliant)
> (See www.gimpel.com)

They certainly are wonderful tools.  I don't use them principally
because it would be an abandonment of my ideals with regards to the
freedom of software :-)

Incidentally, I just compiled some code with deliberate pointer
violations using:

MUDFLAP_OPTIONS="-viol-gdb -print-leaks -check-initialization"
-fmudflap

... very cool, dropping into gdb at the point of violation is
particularly sweet.

--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology    || Free Software Foundation
gteale at cmedltd.com || tealeg at member.fsf.org