[Sussex] Microsoft fails to comply

Geoffrey J Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 18 17:10:39 UTC 2005

> I didn't see anything that required GPL compatability, only a
> reduction in the cost and some more information up front.

Read around Mr. Harrison!  An EC commissioners statement specifically mentioned
Open Source software and cites the GPL as a common license used by
businesses in competition with Microsoft.  Even if it is not the official line
their are certainly council members who see this as implicit in any settlement.

> Again, I didn't see this. I saw a statement saying that the EU _could_
> impose such a fine but, and I quote "hope it won't come to that."

That's a fair point.

> A somewhat hopeful summary, Mr. Teale?

Always :-)

--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology    || Free Software Foundation
gteale at cmedltd.com || tealeg at member.fsf.org