[Sussex] Microsoft fails to comply

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 18 17:50:09 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 17:13 +0000, Geoffrey J Teale wrote:
> Stephen Williams <sdp.williams at btinternet.com> writes:
>
> > And where is that fine going to end up? Not in giving all us hard
> > pressed citizens a Tax Holiday that's for certain!
>
> Nor should it.

Why not? Who funds the EU in the first place?

> It should be distributed to the causes that the EU and it's member
> states governments see fit.

Now you're just winding me up......!

> Besides which, tax holiday reward those who pay most tax - entirely
> the reverse of the concept of redistribution of wealth.  If we could
> rely on the wealthy to "do right" by the rest of society then there
> would be no need for taxation full stop.

Now you're just winding yourself up!

Actually I think governments should be as small as possible, and
certainly much smaller than ours is at the moment. Then tax allowances
should be raised so that there is enough revenue to fund the really
important things, and the poorest are taken out of tax altogether.