[Sussex] Microsoft fails to comply

Geoffrey J Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 18 23:27:09 UTC 2005

Geoffrey J Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org> writes:

Whoops.  Sorry about the number of mistakes that last e-mail
contained.  I was holding a conversation at the same time as writing
it.  Reading it back now I notice it's garbled.

The main points are:

Regulation is important.  Generally it's there to stop people abusing
over people, not just to create jobs in the civil service.

Simply repeating the mantra "there's too much bureaucracy" doesn't
make it true, no matter what the gutter press says.  Equally any
policy that suggests that everything can be solved by taking a simple
action (i.e. putting more police on the street or making hospitals
cleaner) is both massively underestimating the complexity of our
society and missing the point entirely in favor of saying something
John Q. Average can understand without having to look up from the TV
screen.

Lastly. To be clear.  I am not a Labour supporter.  I will not vote
(and have not voted) for them in their present form.  Equally (as you
may have guessed) I will not vote Tory unless they change their
policies entirely.  My views are obviously fairly aggressively left
wing, but I am not a communist.  Communism, just like "the free
market" its not achievable in the context of human nature.  The world
has yet to see either a truly communist state or free market economy.

Despite that, I will be voting.  Hopefully this time round I can be
represented in parliament by someone other than that oaf Soames.

I see a number of major problems facing the world as a whole and a
number of problems in this country and the only problem that would be
solved by lowering any form of taxation is the problem of where I'm
going to find the money to buy a new TV and a slightly better car.
Not a priority and not something I want any government to care about
thank you.

--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology    || Free Software Foundation
gteale at cmedltd.com || tealeg at member.fsf.org