[Sussex] Microsoft fails to comply

Steve Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 20 16:23:46 UTC 2005

Geoffrey J Teale wrote:
> Richie Jarvis <richie at helkit.com> writes:
>
>>The Liberals just confuse the issue further in
>>that they don't actually stand a chance, and just dilute the 'change'
>>vote - about the only policy they shouted about (which I happened to
>>agree with) was to add 1p on income tax for all to pay for it all.
>

> They've dropped that now in favor of the 50% upper tax bracket and
> replacing council tax with local income tax.
>
> It is really pointless to right off any political party as unelectable
> - so long as you don't vote for them for that reason they won't ever
> reach a level of support that changes your opinion.
>
> In actual fact the Lib Dems look like taking they may well be "viable"
> this time around.  At a more local level, in my constituency Labour
> are a minority party - the electable choices are Lib Dem or
> Conservative.

Frankly I'd rather you voted Veritas, UKIP, Plaid Cymru, SNP, Monster
Raving Loony Party, Pensioners against the Bomb or even "New" Labour
rather than the Labial Dimtwats. Having campaigned against Labour and
Liberal Democrat at local and general elections, I can say that the
Liberal Democrats are the most obnoxious and objectionable campaigners
in British politics. As far as I can determine, their only consistent
core belief is that they hate the Conservatives. I can't find any other
convincing explanantion for their confused mish-mash of policies.

During one campaign they put it about that I had just undergone a
unpleasant divorce from my wife. I know this because one voter rang the
campaign office to enquire about the "rather nasty candidate" i.e. me,
who had just made his long suffering wife's life absolute hell. The
agent, who answered the phone, was able to say to the caller that they
could speak to the candidate in person, but the caller hung up. This was
2 years before I got married for the first time.

Whenever we met the Labour campaigners in the streets, we generally
stopped to have a bit of banter - mind you they were rather "old" Labour
- and it was all rather pleasant. But the Liberal Democrats would slink
along the other side of the street, refusing to say anything.

Now there are Liberal Democrats who I could get on with; most of the Lib
Dem Councillors on Horsham DC were likeable enough, but one or two were
unspeakably vile. The sort who are so convinced that their own and their
party's  superiority over their fellow men permits them to say and do
what the hell they like.

Now I don't need to re-iterate where my political loyalties lie, and I
suspect I'm in a minority of one in the SLUG. But I'm not one of those
who thinks the Conservative Party is the be all and end all, and, whilst
I will fight my corner, I won't ram it down anyone's throat. (Well,
unless it's for their own benefit - GEOFF! - :-P - you know, stiff
medecine and all that!)

And please don't get me started on that utter buffoon Charles Kennedy.
Michael Howard may not be your cup of tea, but Charles Kennedy -
puhleeeeese!

So Geoff old chap, don't waste your vote on those idiots, vote for
someone else - please?