[Sussex] internet cafe

Geoffrey J. Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Wed Mar 23 10:31:20 UTC 2005

"Gareth Ablett" <Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk> writes:

> Hi all,

Morning,

> After having a few days off from work I get back to be told I'm
> gonna meet wit someone regarding putting internet in his café
> (wireless) for customers to use.
>
> I've not used wireless before although setting up shouldn't be too
> much of a problem, what I don't have a clue about is will it just
> need a router and some setting up then pretty simple for customers
> to use or is it a case of needing a server and software.

------%<------------

Technically you need nothing more than a broadband connection and a
router/AP.  A lot of routers are capable of dealing with all the
NATing, firewalling, DHCP and the like that you're going to need.

If you do need a box to fit in a tight space why not look at some kind
of mini-itx kit?

--
Geoff Teale
CMed Technology            -   gteale at cmedltd.com