[Sussex] Question

Geoffrey J. Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Wed Mar 23 11:02:02 UTC 2005

"Chris Jones" <cmsj at tenshu.net> writes:
----%<-----
> There endeth the useful part of the email, here beginneth the
> ranting.

Good stuff.  BTW, good post generally.  Firefox is now a major part of
the browser market - lets ram it down the throats of the "ooh we don't
support that" boys good and hard.  The web exists because of (and only
because of) standard - deviation from those standards may have been
historically useful but is destructive and undermines the value of the
web as a whole.

> Ok, I know the wishy-washy managerial types of this country are ablaze
> with lust for huge email signatures, but *33 lines* is really really over
> the top and violates Netiquette by a whopping 29 lines.
>
> You should talk to whoever had that idea and point out that such messages
> are usually legally meaningless and are most often plain wrong. See
> http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

Well said.  I've made this point many a time.  Unfortunately I used to
work for the company Angelo works for and I've a feeling they won't
listen.  Generally speaking the people who actually control mail
servers in large companies don't think they have the authority to
stand up to the senior management fools who think such signatures are
necessary.

--
Geoff Teale
CMed Technology            -   gteale at cmedltd.com