[Sussex] internet cafe

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Mar 23 20:21:13 UTC 2005

Gareth

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:34:04AM +0000, nik butler wrote:
> Ive found the netgear dg834 to be a great router AP for the price (80)
> and it does all that wonderfull
> NAT/NAPT/CHAP/PAP/CRAP/DAP/ETC/PDQ/OKAY/AOKAY and US stuff !

I would second that.  I've just got back from installing the DG834 on
a client's site.  It went in without a problem - very easy.  Also the
thing's config file is editable.  I found it easier to do a simple and
small config, save the config to my laptop (using the Web interface),
edit it and up load the new configuration - much quicker than using
the web interface to install all those firewall rules - not the best
Interface for doing that.

Netgear also do a DG834G which combines the ADLS Router with a
wireless AP device - this might be more appropriate for your Internet
Cafe.  It wasn't for mine - I wanted to keep the WLAN separate from
both the WAN and LAN which I don't think is possible with the DG834G.