[Sussex] Regular scheduled jobs?

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 20:43:55 UTC 2005

Hi list,

setting of regular scheduled jobs, is that "cron" ? Or am I thinking of
something else?

Whichever it is, could someone point me at any decent links about how to
use this facility (gentoo???) as I'm having snags with inkjet printer
cartridges that dry up/block (both original HP and "remanufactured"),
and would like to set things up so that the printer will kick out a test
print once a week or so (maybe more often???).

Or suggestions about how I could/should accomplish this ?

regards

John D.

p.s. Oh and how would I establish exactly what the default settings for
the printer (an HP deskjet 840c) should be, because at the moment, the
defaults seem to be printing images (from .jpg files) that look like
those "dotty" pictures previously seen in 1980's newpapers (i.e. crap
quality)?