[Sussex] Regular scheduled jobs?

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 09:00:06 UTC 2005

John,

We use cron to execute a shell script which in turn runs a PHP program to
convert file from RTF to PS and then print them
[root at hespera ~]# export EDITOR=kedit                or whichever editor you
prefer
[root at hespera ~]# crontab -e

Place instructions in the cron table - in you case you will want to change
the time from once/minute to once/whatever:

SHELL=/bin/bash

PATH=/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sb
in:/bin:/ usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin

HOME=/

LOGNAME=""

MAILTO=""

0-59 * * * * bash /home/yourpath/your_cron.sh

Exit from the editor and check the crontab entry.

[root at hespera ~]# crontab -l

I hope that this helps.

Brendan