[Sussex] Debian news...

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Wed May 4 07:26:25 UTC 2005

Andrew Guard wrote:

> But is it realy worth time and effort for all those CPU systems, isn't
> waste of time doing anything but for AMD/Intel and PPC?

There has been discussion on the Debian lists about this. There is a
proposal to reduce the number of supported archs in the main release. The
problem is that only the main release is supported by security updates,
which would leave other sub-releases or whatever they get called with no
security updates and thus not usable for serious applications.

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

 I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out.