[Sussex] Debian news...

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu May 5 08:18:46 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 09:14:24AM +0100, Geoffrey J. Teale wrote:
> I'd actually think it would be a real shame for Debian to support
> fewer architectures, it's one of the very few distros that has any
> level of support for minority Linux users.  That said it's also true
> that those other platforms haven't always been very well supported.

The native amd64 port won't be officially included in sarge but will be
maintained separately and get security updates (just slightly delayed).

It'll be a good proof of concept as to whether the ideas from the
Vancouver proposal (which is where dropping archs came from) allow
effective releases for non-core archs.

Simon.

--
[ "The machine is dead" - Deep Throat                                  ]