[Sussex] Boot up errors - Help requested

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Sat May 7 14:47:04 UTC 2005

Okay, So at the fair last Sunday I got a nice new box which now has
Debian Sarge on it.

Over the last few days I've been slowly moving stuff onto it and getting
things configured.

I've noticed that it takes a long time to boot and so checked dmsg to
see what was happening and found the following:

.
.
.
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
RPC: failed to contact portmap (errno -5).
portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
RPC: failed to contact portmap (errno -5).
lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-5
portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
RPC: failed to contact portmap (errno -5).
NET: Registered protocol family 10
Disabled Privacy Extensions on device c02cc840(lo)
.
.
.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be or where to look for more
info?

Colin