[Sussex] Embedded Linux

Geoffrey J. Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Wed May 11 10:58:10 UTC 2005

Clive Chapman <anbeyon at btinternet.com> writes:

> Hi

Good morning.

> I am hoping someone in this mail list might be able to help me.

I hope we can :-)

> I have searched the web and mail lists for info regarding crosscompiling GTK
> but have only really found lots of questions like mine and no clear
> answers.

----- %< -----

Firstly, as a point of reference, this is quite interesting:

http://www.directfb.org/docs/GTK_Embedded/

Though you've probably seen it already and it has nothing to do with
your question :-)

The real answer is this. Cross compiling is the responsibility of GCC.
If you do a:

./configure --help

You see that there are --host and --build options that do this work
for you.

--
Geoff Teale
CMed Technology            -   gteale at cmedresearch.com