[Sussex] Re: C programming help - again!

Captain Redbeard hairy.one at virgin.net
Wed May 11 19:28:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

 > Geoffrey Teale wrote:
 > Another link for you:
 >
 > http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/ten-commandments.html

I just HAVE to get this page framed and mounted above my
monitor!

 > Steve Dobson wrote:
 >
 > I suggest you speed some time and look at the various
 > standard C library calls.

Good idea.  C isn't a paint-by-numbers language, is it.
I've been trying to get my program working by studying on a
need-to-know basis, i.e. using my books as a reference
guide, but this is not too successful so far.  On the other
hand I think I'm starting to get the idea.

 > If you read the malloc spec it returns a pointer to a
 > "void".  But you are assigning it to a pointer to a
 > "char".

Understood.  Must learn to read man pages more carefully.

--
Captain Redbeard

Insomnia - it's not a condition, it's a mentality.
Registered Linux user: 388693.
Registered Linux machines: 289172, 289173.
v2sw5+8C+JGhw5ln4/5pr6/7Ock1ma6/8l6+8Sw3+2e4t2b9Hen4+6
g5+3RHaIr9 Hackerkey.com