[Sussex] What have I broken now?!

Rupert Swarbrick rupert.swarbrick at lineone.net
Thu May 12 21:57:21 UTC 2005

I have a slight problem in that I appear to have broken something in
Gnome last night.

I did a few upgrades of various gnome-related packages and, other than
getting a gnome-vfs error message that I disregarded, thinking that
logout/login would fix everything, everything carried on working. (I'm
using ubuntu, by the way)

Now, when I login, I get the 'session < 10 secs' dialog from gdm and my
.xsession-errors isn't hugely helpful. Sorry about the attachment, but
I'm typing this in a gnome failsafe session, so that's presumably why
copy/paste isn't working.

The dbus packages that I have are:
libdbus-1-1
libdbus-glib-1-1

Although of course, it might be a completely different package's fault,
which seems to happen a lot with gnome.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Rupert