[Sussex] The

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri May 13 11:59:54 UTC 2005

Druid

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 10:57:38AM +0100, akaDruid wrote:
> I also went along to this last night.  Most of the computer gear
> didn't seem great value for money. The laptops and LCD screens were
> all gone when I went, but one of the women there said they will be
> getting '20-30' laptops in 'tomorrow sometime' (meaning today). I
> enquired about the projectors and the nicer televisions, but they were
> all at ebay or greater type prices, £700-800 or more so no bargains
> there. There were dozens of old desktops left, mostly of the p3 sub
> 1Ghz type, couple of 2Ghz+ celerons. There were a lot of laser
> printers, copiers, faxes and so on that might be of interest. There
> was a ton of rackmount kit of various sorts, older looking switches
> and so on, plus the racks themselves, but most of the nicer stuff you
> can see in the pictures had gone.

I had a good look at the rackount.  Most of the "switchs" looked to
be 10BaseT only.  They only 10/100BaseT rackmount I could see was
warked as a hub (not a switch) so I wasn't that intrested and the
guy wantted top dollar.  They also had some patch panels but the
guy didn't know any prices for that.  They wanted £75 for the UPS
which again I though was expensive.  Dabs as a 400VA UPS for £31
and a 800VA £75 both inc of VAT.  IF anyone is going back there
can they find out the rating of the UPS just for my peice of mind :-)

> The real bargins are probably the furniture items.  The Saab looked
> alright too :)  There were loads of nice desks, filing cabinets and
> office chairs, and some nice sofas too.

In those I wasn't intrested.  I have no more room in my house for
furniture, and I much perfer my MR2.